Do you know what’s behind the masks your employees may wear? A staggering number of businesses falter and even fail because someone on the inside – an employee, vendor or even a partner – steals money, goods, data or intellectual property from the organization. Will yours be one of them? Not if you learn about the warning signs of fraudsters and the weaknesses in your current hiring procedures.
The strongest indicator that your business is at risk? Denial. If you have ever said to yourself, “My people would never do that,” or “were too small to be worth a fraudster’s time”, you are caught in a cycle of self-delusional naiveté. Most inside theft happens at the hands of a “trusted” team member. In fact, insider theft and fraud aren’t generally committed by experienced criminals.
In John Sileo’s webinar (video above), he shares his own history of experiencing a fraudulent case of insider theft that destroyed his small business, cost him nearly $300,000 and almost landed him in jail. His story will serve as the framework for five insider secrets that will help you and your business avoid his fate.
In Fighting Friendly Fraud, you will learn:
- 10 Fraud Early Warning Signs
- What goes on inside the mind of a friendly fraudster
- Why good employees sometimes make bad choices
- 5 Universal truths that underlie most types of fraud
- Simple, inexpensive controls you can put in place to discourage fraud
- Deterrence tactics to discourage the most devious inside spies
If you learn these five lessons, it will save you from learning others the hard way!