Cyber Security Webinar: What You Absolutely, Positively Need to Know (10/3/13)
On October 3, 2013 at 1pm ET, Deluxe and data privacy expert John Sileo will present a FREE Cyber Security Webinar – What You Absolutely, Positively Need to Know.
A 2012 survey by the highly respected Ponemon Institute found that 55% of small businesses had experienced at least one data breach in 2012. At the heart of this massive data loss is lax cyber security: an overly broad term that will no longer intimidate you after this webinar. Technology has evolved so quickly that many businesses and individuals find themselves behind the digital curve and overwhelmed by the prospect of protecting the very data that underlies their wealth. While in this state, decision makers tend to shut down, make excuses and assume that there is no reasonable, inexpensive way to protect themselves and their business. That assumption is not only wrong, it is dangerous.
This Webinar is designed to get you over the all-or-nothing hump when it comes to securing your cyber assets. In other words, you don’t have to “do everything” to be safe and you don’t have to spend profusely to get the job done well. Wise investment in the right places is both effective and critical.
In this FREE Deluxe Webinar, Cyber Security:. What You Absolutely, Positively Need to Know, you will learn changes you must make to protect 7 critical areas:
- The human element. All security begins with the decisions we make. The best technology in the world is useless if it is used incorrectly.
- Inside your network. Protection begins with the computing fabric, routers, hardware and firewalls, that support your network.
- On your computer. This is where attention to detail makes the difference – at the point where business transactions take place across many devices.
- As you go mobile. Before the decade is out, every type of data will be accessed from mobile devices. Prepare or beware.
- When connecting wirelessly. An outgrowth of the mobile movement, secure connectivity over Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other technologies is imperative to the privacy of your mission critical communications.
- While transacting online. How you surf and what tools you utilize to navigate eCommerce safely make all the difference in the world.
- In the cloud.With great power comes risk and responsibility. Informed decisions count as you migrate to web-based software to power your business.
John Sileo is a keynote speaker on identity theft, cyber security, online privacy and internet reputation. He is CEO of The Sileo Group, which helps organizations to protect the privacy that drives their profitability. Recent engagements include presentations at The Pentagon, Visa, Homeland Security and Northrop Grumman as well as media appearances on 60 Minutes, Anderson Cooper and Fox Business. Contact him directly on 800.258.8076.